Workout VR games!!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Turbatus, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

So, as I can't spend all day in Yore (Subject to change as content comes in... Once enough is in this will probably be the Skyrim ordeal all over again... 3k hours... 1k before mods...) and mostly just looking for bugs and suggestions, I also really enjoy Thrill of the Fight... Absolute best workout I've had in VR... I've been averaging an hour or so a day 3x a week for the last 3 weeks (Since I got my vive...) I've actually dropped 2 notches in my belt! And I can go more rounds against the harder opponents without a break, so that tells me my stamina/endurance is going up, despite still being drenched afterwards...
    Kinda considering getting wrist weights of some form...

Anyone else get their exercise from VR? What games? Have you noticed any health improvements?

2. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

I have considered it but I still play enough "Flat Games" that it dosn't make too much difference to my weight.
    I want to spend more time in VR, but in order to do that I have to isolate myself. I want to socialize more. That is why I love Ripcoil and Dead & buried right now.
    Devs of Yore! Take note: Make PVP long and drawn out and intense! Make us sweat! But make it skill based too. people that have played longer need to be able to kill noobs.

On another note: How do you keep Yore headset clean? I only played a few hours of Ripcoil and my faceplate was soaked. I imagine playing on the level that you are describing it would get pretty nasty in there. You use VRCover? New faceplates?

3. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I have a hard time enjoying flat games anymore lol... But I'm reclusive mostly, so the current lack of socialization is ok for me, though I look forward to decapitating random players... But I agree... We need Long drawn out, intense sweaty skill based PvP!!!

lol I don't actually start sweating until I take my first break... Then I get quite glazed over... Just swapping them out when one gets wet, then when my work week starts I can give em a decent clean with dawn and water... But I really do need to look in to better options...

4. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

thought of attaching some weights to the Vive controllers?

5. Max

Max New Member

I've found "Holopoint" to really get the blood pumping. You shoot cubes with a bow an arrow, and they shoot back after you hit them. It's wave based, and gets really intense after the first few rounds.

6. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Huh... Maybe that was my issue... I tried HoloBALL... Ended up refunding it... Guess holopoint will be next on my list... Trying to have 1 "type" of every game at least, until Yore ends up having all the things I want to do all in once place...

7. nilstha

nilstha New Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  8. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

We're trying to Make it So :)!