What other VR forums do you guys use?

Discussion in 'VR Chat and News' started by Turbatus, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I've really not found any other active social VR sites outside of Reddit... Anyone else have any spots for general VR related forums?

Harry_T likes this.
  2. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

I've checked out the VRTalk forum and posted there a few times. It doesn't seem like its as active as Reddit tho, but there are a lot of friendly folks talking about VR stuff!

3. JFalcon

JFalcon Member

Aside from Reddit, I assume that some people chat in the multiplayer VR areas like Rec Room, Big Screen Beta, VR Chat and AltSpace VR.
    Some chats do break out spontaneously, like when TheStoneFox does his videos on the the VR ToolKit or Fuseman does his videos on recreating some famous VR game mechanic.

4. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Yea, reddit is a biggest one for sure. Also on a couple discord servers, wonder if facebook groups at that active or not. There's gotta be other places to reach people

5. JFalcon

JFalcon Member

There definitely are and VR, whether we want to believe it or not, is becoming more mainstream. People are starting arcades using it, famous parks are upgrading rides to use it, it's finally gotten to the point where the technology had advanced enough for it to be enjoyable and from here on out, it can hopefully only get better. I remember reading an article where James Cameron had mentioned that it took him several years to release the movie "Avatar", because the technology wasn't advanced enough at the time to portray his vision. Now that is patience.

Don't forget that Udemy has some courses on VR, and there are some other outside sources willing to share knowledge --there are even some good books on VR, one published by O'Reilly, a publisher I know to have quality content.

Ready Player One? :)