Video of the Month Contest!

Discussion in 'Screen shots and Videos' started by yvr_admin, Oct 29, 2016.

1. yvr_admin

yvr_admin Administrator Staff Member

I imagine with more and more people playing Yore you are all going to be seeing and experiencing some cool and funny things in your travels so I figured why not make a little contest to see who can submit the most interesting or funny video and give away some cool prizes? So here are the rules:
    1. Submit as many videos as you want, youtube videos are probably easiest. Animated GIF's also work
    2. Video needs to be interesting or funny, let's avoid mundane vids of you chopping down trees and loading it into the cart
    3. Go for the highest quality you can
    4. Novel videos will have a better chance so check back here to make sure that no one else has posted something similar.

In terms of the prizes:
    1. Free copy of Yore VR to give away to friends, family or followers
    2. A free copy of another game, each month will be different.

I imagine it will be slow going in the beginning so I'm not going to bank on dozens of submissions in the first month or two but submit anything you want, remember if you're the only one submitting videos then your chances of winning are pretty much guaranteed!

Harry_T and TheIvoryKitty like this.
  2. TheIvoryKitty

TheIvoryKitty Member

3. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

Just wanted to give an update that we haven't received any videos yet but that just means you can still be a winner!! We'll share the winning video on social platforms and include handles, etc to spread the love. Email any GIFs or vids over to info@playyore.com asap to be included in the November contest! Hurry!

4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

Here's our try at a little Yore VR video for the contest!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Ryan and TheIvoryKitty like this.
  5. TheIvoryKitty

TheIvoryKitty Member

6. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

This is the greatest thing I've seen in Yore yet! Awesome job overall

Jeremiah and TheIvoryKitty like this.
  7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

Thanks! :D

8. Harry_T

Nice job on the music! This is so awesome @Jeremiah!

Jeremiah likes this.
  9. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

Ha! this game looks amazing!
    I can't wait to play. Survival games are my favorite game type to play!
    Touch cannot get here fast enough. This is the first game I am gonna load.

10. Harry_T

Would love to hear how you are liking the Touch in general @chaoko954 !

11. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

@Harry_T Dude. I am absolutely LOVING the Touch. Having had plenty of experience with both headsets now I can totes say that I like the Touch more. The Vive wands are not bad by any means, but the Touch are so comfortable you forget you are holding them. Hand presence is pretty great as well.
    I played Ripcoil almost all night when I got them yesterday. It's my new favorite VR game. I tried playing Dead and buried, and while I really like that game as well, it confirmed that I need a bigger play space. Hiding behind the barriers was pretty hard to do in such a confining guardian. The games that I did play that required teleportation movement like rec room worked just fine in a confined space. I was pleased to see this because I know your game uses the teleport movement system as well. You just have to teleport more often in order to move. :)
    I also loaded up Yore VR with the Oculus and got to see the world you guys have been working on!
    I was not able to teleport though so I ended up walking around using WASD on the keyboard.
    I managed to pick up the Axe and mine a tree down, but picking stuff up was a bit tedious without being able to move around properly.
    I guess I will have to wait for some Touch support from you guys before I can play anymore.
    That being said, I DO have access to a Vive at work if you want to throw a key my way. That way I can explore a little more and the guys at my work will be able to see it as well.
    Still very excited for this game!!! You should put Touch support on the Trello so I can vote it up. :)