Venturing into the Dungeons of Yore

Discussion in 'Screen shots and Videos' started by Harry_T, May 25, 2017.

1. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

2. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017
  3. JFalcon

JFalcon Member

These are absolutely gorgeous --however, I wouldn't quite consider them views inside of a dungeon, but more of an abandoned museum or castle of a mad monk.

Harry_T likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

yea, actually this is the dungeon entrance. There are stairs at the back that lead down to a collapsed hallway. Eventually this will be opened up to the actual dungeon, assuming you can defeat the guardian that will eventually be placed in this large space. But yea they are very much inspired by the Mines of Moria

5. JFalcon

JFalcon Member

For the second image:

Ancient tomes speak of knowledge which was hidden, yet unearthed by only the most true adventurous folk. However, there was a reason why that knowledge was not handed down. To those who knew the adventurer, there were only whispers and fodder for mythical tales.

Cygnus was a pillar of the community, although his family was not wealthy, his father was a well-known Blacksmith. Instructed him in the ways of crafting weapons, Cygnus' weapon of choice was the hammer with which he learned to forge weapons. Cygnus had worked for in the village for many years, honing his skills as a expert blacksmith, known far and around for his skills in forging quality metal.

During the great goblin invasion of the village in which he lived, many children were taken away to begin a life of servitude. Cygnus lived to survive the attack and one day led a small group of young adults to take on the goblins and free his former townsfolk along with all other slaves from the tyranny of the goblin tribes.

Cygnus' weapon of choice was his oversized sledgehammer, nick-named "Goblin Smasher". One by one, the goblins fell to its mighty weight and the more Cygnus swung that hammer, the stronger he became. Just as the few survivors had fled his small town during the goblin invasion, the goblins began to flee from their caves in which they dwelled.

The grateful people who were freed from their goblin masters created a statue in his honor with great detail, including his now famous "Goblin Smasher".

Harry_T likes this.
  6. Ryan

nice, I've added it to the lore section, going to keep a list of posts there and then go through them one at a time and sneak them into the world

7. eXplozion

eXplozion New Member

I got here to search more pictures from your recent post on the Oculus subreddit, it looks FANTASTIC! Keep up the great work!

Harry_T likes this.
  8. Ryan

Welcome! While you're here, why not give us some of your thoughts on some of the ideas and conversations being posted elsewhere. I'd love to hear about what you think!

9. EricR

EricR New Member

Just found this game and it looks like what I've been waiting for to jump in and buy a VR system. I'd love to help out in any way I can.

10. Ryan

Awesome to hear. When we started on this journey making this game we thought 'What is the most incredible thing we could do in VR? And the answer was to live out the life, with all of it's details and splendor(and terror at times) of a medieval man or woman. We are pushing hard to make that a reality and every week moving forward we will be working on new features to add another element to that life. We would be very appreciative of any help you can give, what did you have in mind?

11. EricR

EricR New Member

Thanks for the offer! I am an attorney in NY, and have represented videogame developers and publishers. I've been playing videogames since I was a little kid in the 1970s, and my first computer was an Atari 800. I was one of the original Xbox Live beta testers. For the most part, I now play fantasy themed MMORPGS. I hope with my background I would make a good sounding board for ideas (I once even wrote a game concept for a fantasy MMORPG). I've been excited about VR since it was just the stuff of science fiction. I haven't jumped in yet because simply, there is nothing yet I really want to play. With Yore VR, I love what I am seeing so far. Regarding your 2016 poll, I would be in the full-on fantasy camp.

Harry_T likes this.
  12. Ryan

Cool cool, by all means hop onto our discord server and partake in the conversation happening there and I certainly would love to hear more of your thoughts on as many of the forum topics here as possible.