The Cost of Progress - Feedback on how much the buildings do and should Cost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Wanted to get everyone's feedback, now that you've all been playing the game for a while(or maybe not if you're new), on how much the buildings should cost. We are in the process of putting the pub back in as an multi-tiered building, just like the Blacksmith and the cost breakdown is going to look something like this

Tier 1 (Structure): 65 Wood, 15 Stone
    Tier 2(Firepit and cooking implements): 10 Stone, 1 Ingot, 10 wood
    Tier 3 (Bar and kegs): 30 wood
    Tier 4 (Tables and Furniture): 10 wood, 1 ingot
    Tier 5 (Plates, cups, bowls, utensils): 5 Wood, 1 ingot

What are your thoughts on this, too cheap? Too Expensive? What are your thoughts on the cost of the rest of the buildings?

2. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Depends, is this supposed to be an end game structure, or end of tutorial type structure?

3. Ryan

Well for now it's an end-game structure but in a month it won't be as there are more things added to build. Just curious as to everyone's feeling of how much things cost currently and how long they take to build

4. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

This game is supposed to be about gathering and crafting.
    Making it hard or expensive is not that big a deal because the reward for working hard is Yore awesome house that you built!
    Though looking at the list, Tier 1 is pretty steep especially for beta.
    Collecting logs even with the basket and cart does take a while.
    Maybe make the first tier a little easier - like 50 logs? Then make the second tier like 20 stone. Final tier - 2 wood 3 ingots?
    My justification here is that erecting the building is the most rewarding part. I don't know what use the building is in game other than decoration, but maybe the use of the building is tied to the tiers?
    keeping multiplayer in mind as well, got to make sure there is enough work to go around. Wood guy gets wood. Miner gets rock. Blacksmith has something to do in the mean time.
    Even if you keep the wood requirements the same as you posted. Adding more Ingots to the recipe would be good.

5. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Tier 1 (Structure): 100 Wood, 20 Stone
    Tier 2(Firepit and cooking implements): 20 Stone, 5 Ingot, 15 wood
    Tier 3 (Bar and kegs): 50 wood, 2 Ingot
    Tier 4 (Tables and Furniture): 20 wood, 2 ingot
    Tier 5 (Plates, cups, bowls, utensils): 10 Wood, 4 ingot

6. Ryan

Oooh yore tougher than I am Turbatus!

Yea, chaoko I get your point there, and I like the idea of getting players an accomplishment early on even if it does mean splitting up what would be say a 100 wood tier into 2 50 wood tiers. That being said this is currently the end game building so having it expensive is ok I think.

For those players keen to save time on the gathering they can always grabb the beta branch which will have everything priced at 1 wood most of the time

7. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Only reason I went so high is it is an end game building for the time being (Though I'm very curious about the eventual end game building... Will it be sandbox like, or preset?)