THANK YOU for this amazing year and THANK YOU for making 2017 possible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Without getting too mooshy on y'all I wanted to take a moment during this wonderful time of year and express my deepest thanks and gratitude for each and everyone of you. From the moment we decided on the name 'Yore VR' we knew that the community would make this game, in fact we were betting on it, and sitting here, barely 2 months after our rocky start I can honestly say that Yore is evolving beyond what I had imagined because of the amazing community that has risen up around. I can thank you all enough for believing in Yore, because of your support we are able to scale up our team and seriously scale up our ambitions as we move into the new year!

I'll make you all a promise going into 2017 - You all keep sending in your ideas, reporting bugs and contributing with your suggestions and critiques and I will devote every dollar and every hour we have to turning your ideas into Yore VR! Here are some of the top ideas planned for the next 6 months:

Multiplayer:
    • Optional Multiplayer mode
    • 24-36 Concurrent players to start
    • 100-200 concurrent players by the years end
    • 1-2 North American servers, 1 European Server, 1 Australasian Server (Additional servers will be spun up on the fly to meet demand)
    • PVE servers to start as we work through the prelim network setup and then PVP servers to follow
    • Cooperative building and crafting
    • Joint ownership / permissions for structures, locked doors and chests
    • Healing and Revive capabilities by team mates

Advanced Crafting and building:
    • All buildings will be placeable, as long as you've cleared a space
    • Buildings will be built piece by piece, using a hammer and resources
    • Buildings will be expandable, similar to the latest building update in Skyrim.
    • Entirely new menu driven crafting (wood, leather and metal working) system with dozens of objects to craft
    • All objects inside of buildings will be crafted and placed by the player
    • Farming System for food and utility crops
    • Advanced cooking to include baking and stews
    • Advance lumberjacking and tree felling
    • Fishing
    • All weapons, bolts and arrows will be craftable instead of purchased
    • Tool and Weapon Tiers introduced: Stone, Bronze, Iron, Steel

Adventuring:

• Day / Night Cycle
    • Above ground world will expanded at least 300%
    • Different biomes
    • Access granted to the other side of the river and all the mysteries that lie over there
    • Cave system will be filled with secret passageways, puzzles, dangerous encounters and Loot
    • Additional procedurally assembled caves will be added
    • Dungeons with dangerous monsters, puzzles and traps

Combat
    • Melee Weapons: Swords, Spear, Flair, Morning Star, Warhammer
    • Ranged Weapons: Long, Short, Recurved bows as well as upgradeable arrows/bolts
    • Shields and Armor added
    • Ranged enemies and melee humanoid enemies
    • More Bestiary(natural and unnatural)
    • Fantasy monsters
    • Village raiding bandits
    • NPC Guards and pets

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Jeremiah likes this.
  2. Seth

Seth New Member

Duude, yeeees. If you can accomplish all that this game will kick serious ass.

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

All of this sounds beyond amazing! I wish everyone good luck, best of health and a great year 2017!

4. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

That sounds VERY ambitious... I really hope you can actually do this... I assume the above also includes actual melee combat for the player? :D It is a shame I probably won't be able to do much for the online server though :( But it sounds like there will be enough content that I would have more than enough to do on single player. Very excited about that list, and mostly, thank you, devs, for making this game, and risking a metric crap ton of money, and time. I don't see myself leaving this community for a very very long time (When I find a game I like, 3,000 hours isn't very uncommon....)

5. Ryan

Thanks!

@Turbatus - What is stopping you from playing multiplayer? Lag? Most everything available in multiplayer will be available in single player, so you'll still have a full game to exploore. Predictions for VR say that this year will be the year that someone spends 30 straight days in VR, perhaps you'll be that person in Yore :)

6. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

lol, my internet speed is .6mbps. Yes, POINT SIX... my upload is .4... If single player wasn't as lonely I'd probably try lol.

7. Ryan

I imagine that would be enough bandwidth if your latency was low but of course if it's around 600ms then it wouldn't be too much fun for you

8. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Well, if you guys get it up and running with things to do, I will throw on my hotspot that allows me to play online games (30gb a month...) provided it isn't TOO data hungry. but my actual isp throws me to 10k ping during peak hours on online games...

9. IanL

IanL New Member

That's a great roadmap but a ton of work! Really hope you manage to pull that off. How big is your dev team ?

10. Longfellow

Longfellow New Member

Hope your project manager(s) are up to the tasking.

11. Ryan

Right now we are up to 5 guys including myself. 1 network engineer, 1 systems engineer, 1 environ tech, 1 gameplay prototyper and then myself. We have a part time game designer to do puzzles, traps and dungeon layouts as of this week

12. Ryan

that would be me :)