Supporting the Oculus Touch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

So Steam changed something in the backend this week and now any game that has RoomScale checked now automatically gets the Oculus Icon next to it telling players the game is Oculus ready, regardless of if it is or not. We certainly haven't spent enough time testing on the Rift to make sure everything works properly and never specified that the game was Rift ready, however it doesn't seem like we have a choice anymore so we are switching priorities today to make sure that Oculus users with touch controllers can at least get around in the world and have a decent experience.

So what I would love is some help testing how the game feels on the Touch controllers as ours are not set to arrive for another couple of weeks. If you have any issues please report them here or as a bug in the bug report section of the forums

If you have suggestions on changes to improve the Oculus experience please bring the up here so we can all discuss

Thanks!

2. Osarus

Osarus New Member

movement does not appear to work as expected. Pressing b/y gets the d pad icons to show on the opposing hand but the stick does nothing. I found it i get the dpad up on the right hand, then press and hold B on the right hand and use the right stick i can walk only sideways... like a crab.

If I Press B to get the Dpad icon on the left hand, press and hold Y on the left controller and use the stick on the left controller (finger/hand gymnastics) i can then move as expected.

I can't get teleport to work but im not sure what im meant to be pressing on the touch controllers. No combinations of anything could get it working.

Triggers for pickup/interaction were working fine.

Could not get any menus up no matter what I did.

3. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the headsup, we were working a bit on the touch support over the holidays, I'll be pushing a build out to the beta branch in today with any luck