Steam automatically emulates Oculus and Touch controllers!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by chaoko954, Nov 30, 2016.

1. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

I mentioned this in another thread, but apparently Steam's VR interface will automatically detect the Oculus and the Touch controllers and Emulate a Vive.
    That means that Oculus users should be able to play all the Vive games out on steam right now!
    I guess Haptics do not translate over well though, so no vibrations there, but other than that it will mostly work.
    Of course if devs choose to officially support it we will get things like better models for hands and haptics and tweaks with positioning.
    Anyone else own an Oculus and a Vive to compare? Guess we will be waiting till after the Touch launches.

2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Very cool, it will be interesting to see how the roomscale translates over to the Rift as I see that being the biggest hurdle for the rift to overcome to be on par

3. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

4. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

ooh lala.. well we will have to get a dedicated person on this then.. I wonder if the Oculus people would chip in to help us make sure this works well on that device. I am also curious as to what the adoption rate is going to be of the touch and of a 2nd or even 3rd camera for room scale with the rift