Roadmaps - Updated Jan 15 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Something we've stressed from the get go is having the community drive this development process and interactive roadmaps are one of the best ways to keep you guys informed about what's coming up and a quick easy way to tell us what you want to see most. We've created two different roadmaps, one in a mindmap form that is very easy and intuitive to see what we have planned and then the other is a scrum board which allows you to vote on features you want most or leave comments and questions. We will be checking in on the Trello Board regularly and updating our mindmap/roadmap to reflect the features getting the most votes. If you have any comments/questions about these two roadmaps or the tools we use feel free to leave them below. Now go vote on what you want to see most!

1. Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/TCwK0uiJ/yore-vr-roadmap
      • Go here to vote on what you want to see most and directly influence our priorities
    2. MindMap: https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/87085db247b34d81baf1193a95742e59
      1. Get a great visual overview of what we have done and what is coming up in each phase of development. Expand and collapse sections for easy navigation

2. Ronsun

Ronsun New Member

The Trello map looks ok, but there's no key on the page to tell me what the different colours mean (?). Also I have no clue how to vote, and I don't really want to sign up to another site after just signing up to yours if that is what I need to do. Perhaps get something integrated on playyore.com? where members already logged in can simply click once to vote. Perhaps I'm wrong and just not seeing how to do it, if so apologies.
    The second link, the text goes off the page, like it is badly formatted. In Chrome and FF. Again something on your own site would be better than all these 3rd party things. Just my opinion and my way of trying to help.

3. scott911

scott911 New Member

You can use the +/- on the right side of the map. You can drag the map to move it if needed.

4. Ryan

Unfortunately there is nothing better than Trello for online voting on project management priorities.. Nothing exists that we could integrate into our site or our forums that would do what it does so we are kind of out of luck.

In terms of mindomo, the second link where the text goes off the screen? Did you scroll by holding down the left mouse button and moving your mouse like you would on a touch screen.. It's a very large mindmap so unfortunately it can't fit on one screen :( That's what makes mindmaps so powerful however is the ability to minimize and maximize sections so you can focus on seeing what you want to see.

Alas I truly did wish there was a solution we could put into our site but these are the two best tools in the world at what they do. No worries though, there's plenty to discuss and read here on the forums

5. Ronsun

Ronsun New Member

Hey no problem. It's just me being unfamiliar with it in the main. I'll give it another shot at some point. Thanks for the tips both

6. Forsythe

Forsythe New Member

7. Ryan

dammit, that would explain why no one was voting.., Thanks so much taking the time to come here and let me know, it's been fixed

8. Forsythe

Forsythe New Member

NP and yep, working now! I have voted away! :D

9. Ryan

Awesome, thanks.. Mindmap and trello board have been updated with the next release goals fairly well fleshed out.. We're going to be aiming to have most all of this in by Christmas, maybe sooner depending on if we bring on another programmer(which depends on sales so make sure to tweet/post/like/upvote Yore hearts out!)

10. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

That beta 2 and beyond section is looking pretty fat! (on the mind map)
    You guys should consider focusing in on one thing like you did for beta 1.
    Maybe do "Create" as the next section.
    Kind of makes sense to do
    Survive
    Create
    Dominate
    That way it's easier for the devs to know what to focus on. I always find that i get wayyyy ahead of myself when doing new dev work.
    It will also help people looking at that map know what to expect out of the next iteration of development.
    I really like the way you guys have implemented building and working with Yore own hands. ( :) )
    Would love to see a nice crafting leveling / skill progression system in the future.
    I guess we will see which way multiplayer goes. :)

11. Ryan

Great point, I also feel the same way. It is a tactic we use when doing game design as well, you create your 1 or 2 focus points and then any other feature that you design has to some how serve to improve or strengthen those points. So yea survive was definitely the focus of beta 1, and beta will be Create and Cooperate I think, although there are really a couple of things that I really want to get in here like fishing, a bigger map, etc etc. But yea cooperate(multiplayer) will be the big focus in Beta 2.

12. Ryan

Mindmaps updated as we flesh out this new release and all the multiplayer fun we are going to get up to

13. Ryan

Brief update to Trello to reflect what's been done.. Removed the outdated month labels as they were no longer relevant but will update tasks with new month labels once we are through these remaining bugs and have tied up any loose ends.

Harry_T likes this.