[Question] Movement

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BossRoss, Mar 22, 2017.

1. BossRoss

BossRoss New Member

So I noticed someone else brought this up, but I didn't really understand the answer that was given.

Firstly, I just bought this game about an hour ago, after noticing that you guys do frequent updates and are constantly working on the game, I decided to make the purchase. I really like the idea and direction you guys seem to be heading with it, it's very exciting!

However, I didn't even make it out of the first room because of my issue with the movement. I LOVE analog movement! I think teleportation just completely ruins VR for me. But, something seems to be wrong with the movement in this game. When I'm playing, I'll often turn my body around to interact with the environment so I am almost NEVER facing completely forward. So when I turn let's say, 90 degrees to the left, pressing forward on the thumbstick now makes me strafe right, instead of moving forward. If I turn all the way around, everything is inverse. Pressing forward moves me back, so on so forth. I see you added the right stick to do rotation, but I just think that's the wrong direction to take for VR. VR doesn't need rotational sticks, because you can rotate yourself.

Is there some sort of fix for this? Some sort of option under movement that I'm not seeing? I didn't see any way of changing this. I would very much like it to work how Doom3 VR's movement works.

A last sidenote, I am playing on the Rift. I'm not sure if this is a Rift only problem, but looking at COMPLETELY WHITE text is just horrible. It stands out like a sore thumb, and is really hard to read at even the slightest distance. I can hardly even read the menu screen when I bring it up with my left hand. I tried changing the TXAA-FXAA, but it did little to resolve the problem. Maybe if the text wasn't arctic white or whatever, it might be easier on the eyes. Maybe a beige or some other off white color.

2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Hey BossRoss, thanks for the support.. If you switch to the alpha branch of the game all of your movement issues should be fixed. Could you do me a favor and tell me how the white text looks now? I test on a rift here now as well and it's looking good on my end so hopefully that has been fixed in the alpha branch.. thanks!

3. DersonThePerson

DersonThePerson Member

Yes i experienced this exact problem and was going to flag it, but when i switched to the alpha branch, it was fixed already. So im sure this one can be ticked off as sorted.