Maybe someone here can help me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbatus, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

So I was advised to post here and see if anyone can help me figure out the 2 issues I am having with Yore exclusively. It doesn't matter what I set my graphics to or anything.

First issue is when I launch Yore my monitor display just freezes at the entrance house, and doesn't do anything (Making recording the game impossible without actually opening steam VR mirror view. This is the only game I need to do that with for some reason)

The second is, again, Yore exclusive issue, regardless of graphic settings, occasional jutter/ghosting of my hands. (Not truly game breaking, but is certainly immersion breaking and makes firing the bow a little weird...)

These problems seem to be affecting only me, and only with Yore (My favorite game... of course this would be the one that gives me any issues :p )

My specs:
    980ti overclocked
    i7 5930k OC to 4.2GHz
    16GB ram
    SSD Install

Here is my VR stat graph that I have NO IDEA how to read...
    [​IMG] (The end part happens whenever I open the menu, so disregard that last couple of frames)

The only things running are Chrome, Steam, Steam VR, Revive, Java, Corsair Link, Geforce Experience, MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner.

Anyone have any suggestions here? I don't get these issues on other games with settings cranked up including everything from GORN, to AZ Sunshine, to Raw Data, and more...

In the start of the video you can see some of the jutter I mentioned... The rest of the video is "secret passages"...

Don't mind the watermark... I deleted that crappy program for something better... xD

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Studpup

Studpup Member

Might be that you have something in your room like a mirror or some reflective surface that is throwing off the sensors to the light houses

3. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

But why only this game?

4. Studpup

Studpup Member

Could be your graphics settings are too high. the 980 is just above recommended.

5. Studpup

Studpup Member

actually your gpu is under the recommendation

Processor:
    Intel™ Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480, equivalent or better. For additional graphics card options, view the complete list.

Memory: 4 GB RAM or more

Video output: 1x HDMI 1.4 port, or DisplayPort 1.2 or newer

USB: 1x USB 2.0 port or newer

Operating system: Windows™ 7 SP1, Windows™ 8.1 or later or Windows™ 10

6. Studpup

Studpup Member

Have you ever done the steamvr performance test? you can download it in steam for free. my gpu is a 1070. I had a 960 and did the test and it read that I was barely able to run VR. so I upgraded. Now im maxed out on the test. although I would have loved to have the 1080 but didn't feel like paying 650 dollars

7. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I have a 980ti.... overclocked 980ti.... it's faster than a 1070... I get an 11 on steam vr performance test.

8. Studpup

Studpup Member

Well something has to be wrong. I don't have that lag your talking about and my cpu is an i7 4770k. I do know that overclocking is like slapping a turbo on a Honda accord engine and call it a race car. Its bound to burn the engine out.

9. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Ya, just no one seems to know WHAT is wrong lol... The only possibility is from another dev from a different game blaming the engine and believes it will go away when Yore updates its engine.

10. Studpup

Studpup Member

buy a 1070 from bestbuy. if it doesn't work then just return it.

11. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I feel like you may have missed the part where I am scoring higher benchmarks than a lot of peoples 1070s, and also that the issue doesn't go away regardless of graphic settings lol. Lowest, Epic... Same frame rate (90) just jutter on my hands. (1070 scores between 2200-3500 on Heaven depending on OC... My 980ti scores over 2500) There are people with lower end GPUs playing this game without issue, I can play other equally GPU intensive games in VR without issue(Raw Data, AZ Sunshine, Gladius, Island 359 to name a few) on higher settings, if not maxed out. The jutter is most prominent around the town.

I appreciate the help, but I really don't think it is my hardware...

12. Studpup

Studpup Member

Your right I just double checked and I have the same problem. although at medium graphics setting it goes away anything higher and it starts to judder. Sorry about that man was honestly trying to help.

13. Leobyn

Leobyn New Member

I had written a post trying to offer some advice but it was incomplete after I just checked this tread again. Anyway what I mentioned is that perhaps it could be a power issue? Maybe the card is not getting enough juice? Unlikely, but I've heard of a problem such as this before . . .

14. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

But nothing else lags? I can move full speed and it be smooth as butter, it is only my hands that jutter

15. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Are they stuttering or ghosting? Have you tried plugging the hmd into a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0?

16. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I can't really tell? Like the hands move at the same rate I move mine, it just isn't a smooth transition. They kinda "jump" to where they are supposed to be. But I can see "multiple" hands while they jump to their location. I will try switching USB ports tonight and see what happens.

17. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

More various testing stuff results...

If I turn graphics to absolute minimum to where I can get 90 fps without any reprojection enabled, it still happens just as much as maxed out with async OR interleaved on.
    Swapping the USB accomplished nothing for me.
    The best written example I can give is like the old mouse trailing cursor, where you can move your mouse just fine, and it leaves a trail of mouse pointers from where it came from, but that shows in the video above.
    There is nearly none of this issue inside the starter house

18. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

......Ok, sooooo..... This is going to be fun...

I left the beta, and went back to the actual release...

I can no longer see the game on my monitor, it just freezes at the first frame (Again :p)
    I can move correctly again. WOOT!
    The jutter/ghosting/whatever is NEARLY ZERO!!!!!! And the person rejoiced!
    ....I now have tracking issues apparently... My hands are now floating away randomly then teleport back... I've not touched my light houses...

Something fixes, something breaks. This is why I will never code anything. lol.

19. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

So the hands only float when you teleport?

20. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I never teleport anymore... It just happens randomly, like I'll be walking forward, and my hand will float in to the sky, or in to the ground then the hand will teleport back