Lost pickaxe, no stones left.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r0cca, Dec 18, 2016.

1. r0cca

r0cca New Member

First of all, this is a great game. It's beautifull, I dont have any problems with motion sickness so i'm playing for hours and hours with runspeed max, no motion sickness reduced FOV, this is great.

However I noticed 2 things in this game that actually bothers me a bit.
    Whenever I play the game, I notice that my tools that drop on the ground, are unable to pickup because the ingame floor is lower then my physical floor IRL. Even after a new room setup ("put your controllers on the ground"), I jump in the game and notice that I cant reach the ingame floor, pick up my big farm cart (because the grabbable end of it is under the floor ingame), after a couple of hours of building and farming I accidentally managed to drop my pickaxe on the floor and I lost it. I dont know where it is. To create my blacksmithing station I really need 1 more stone and I've used every single stone I had.
    How can I reobtain my pickaxe without starting the game all over? I know where to find my axe (even after I lost it), but can't seem to find the pickaxe spot. And how can I actually reach the ground in this game? Stones and logs are easy to pickup because they are sticking a couple of inches above my physical ground.

This game is a steal for €15, with all the features and potential this game has, it's clear to me that this can become the best game on the vive in a couple of months (/year). Take your time devs, don't rush it and I hope to get an answer to the issues I'm having.

I really would like to thank the developpers for bring such a smooth game experience and level of polishing that makes this game run smooth on my mediocre hardware (ultra settings on a 970m with asynchronous reprojection in steam vr beta settings).

2. r0cca

r0cca New Member

Issue of the pickaxe has been resolved after a full game reset (started over). Now I see the blue pickaxe marker next to the blue axe marker as it is supposed to appear.
    This was bugged and I didnt have the option to grab another pickaxe.

The bug with the big cart remains, when I respawn my cart sometimes my cart is half in the ground.

3. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

lol, yes... The cart has a mind of its own right now... Usually when that happens I keep calling the cart back until it decides to spawn correctly. My biggest cart woe is when I stop, but the handle sways back and forth forever, and if I restart to fix it, the cart vanishes.

4. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Try putting your controllers and headset on the ground and covering them with a blank or jacket or something. This will force the lighthouses to recalibrate and usually fixes the issue with things going beneath the ground

After you grab the pickaxe there should be a blue spawner on the table by the house where skelly is. Just reach into the blue silhouette and pull the trigger,it should spawn a pickaxe in your hand

this is so amazing to hear as we have worked so damn hard on the performance.. in the beginning it was a challenge just to get it to run decently on a 1070