Graphic Settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbatus, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I'm using a 980ti strix, i7 5930k with 16gb ram on an ssd....
    I'm not familiar with what mirror mode option is, so I've just been putting it on 3, and aliasing on 3... Though I don't see a notable difference when changing them. Also on the ultra preset...
    Though I'm unsure of what's going on when it occasionally gets stuttery? I check my FPS counter via replay and it stays at 89.X FPS almost 100% of the time. Anyone with similar hardware having similar issues?

2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Video output is mainly for youtubers and people watching on your monitor. If changes how the video output is displayed, nothing that would be noticeable in VR although I can't remember but one of them might disable video output entirely which could improve performance but I'm not sure

3. chaoko954

chaoko954 New Member

Would that video option to disable output entirely also make it so that the game is not visable on your primary moniter?
    I know that I would love to have an option to ONLY display the game in the rift.

4. r0cca

r0cca New Member

Using an msi dominator laptop with 970m, I am using the "allow asynchronous projection" setting in steam vr beta, I can put graphic settings on ultra with all bells and wistles, TSA and 1x AA.
    I run the game smooth without any hickup, with all shadows and bloom enabled.
    For me this is a very well optimised game and very playable on my -average/low- hardware.

5. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

I'm thinking it's the autosave. They aren't long lasting jitters, just momentarily, and not bad, just noticeable. I will do some time test this weekend (Tues-Thurs).

6. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

yea, we will be rewoorking the auto-save in the coming weeks.. Something we have to do anyways for multiplayer but the single player side of things will get to reap the rewards of it being overhauled and more efficient