Capitalising on VR.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DersonThePerson, Jun 22, 2017.

1. DersonThePerson

DersonThePerson Member

Just a thought about strategy in general.
    I think with all things in this game you need to take advantage of the things we can do in VR that you cant do with a monitor, mouse and keyboard

For example, puzzles in dungeons. Some of them should require the use of two hands. Maybe you have to turn two keys at exactly the same time to open a door.
    This is something you can only do in vr, because you can move and rotate both hands at the same time. Normally you could only turn one key, because you normally only have one mouse.

This is why shooting a bow is so much fun. It involves both hands.

If there is to be casting of magic i fully recomend something along the same lines. Maybe holding a magic rune book with a diagram in one hand, and drawing that rune in the air using a staff or wand? I think its these sorts of interactions that will sell VR, and what people like myself find difficult to drop when going back to gaming outside of VR.

Anyone else go any great ideas for two handed tasks requiring coordination?

2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Definitely everything that we can do physically we will.. There are a lot of puzzles and traps coming up that require it as well.. The crossbows, when we get them back in are great for this, reloading them is very physical and immersive.
    The advanced crafting will require this more, actually hitting the ingot in the right place so rotating it with one hand and hitting it with the other, widdling and carving wood, etc etc, even building construction could be a bit more involved with going around and holding wood in place while you nail it with a hammer. I would love to hear more of yore ideas though!

No magic in Yore, we'll leave that to other games as we are leaning more on the realism side right now

3. DersonThePerson

DersonThePerson Member

Ok neat. I think thats quite nice. So many same old rpgs out there. Your game reminds me of Gloria Victis... but in full VR. Awesome.
    I see some games struggling with two handed activities where both hands should be linked. For example weilding a two handed axe. Both hands should be connected but in real life they arent. This is a tricky obstacle. How do you guys plan on dealing with that? Do you ban two handed swords and go with short sword and shield only?

4. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

You can use the pickaxe with two hands to see how we handle it now(and get a 50% resource bonus). It's very tough to get 100% correct, if not impossible all of the time, so there will always be issues if you do things with your hands that you wouldn't be able to in the real world while holding an object