[Thoughts] Bow grip...

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Turbatus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

Can we please rotate the hand/arm on the bow to be more accurate? If I ever shot a bow with that angle of grip, I fear I'd lose every bit of skin on my forearm, and I keep trying to angle it correctly with the controllers, which doesn't work :p
    The string should (As in, when you guys find the time :D ) not line up with ones arm lol
    (I do have real life archery experience, I promise...)

2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator Staff Member

Cool cool.. if you could, it would be awesome to see a quick and dirty diagram of how it is now compared to how you think it shouold be.., Once I get that we can get it in the game for testing pretty quick

3. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

You asked for quick and dirty.... meet my just now created swiffer bow... (wife made my color over our pictures lol)

I confess the angle is awkward as hell being on my knees and giving her room to take the picture... and the fact it's a swiffer... but mostly look at my hand and wrist:

http://imgur.com/a/AdA9a

The top one is more or less where it should be, and the bottom is how it is currently...

4. Ryan

you rock, thanks! We might have done this on purposeto make it easier to see what you are aiming at but I'm not 100% sure anymore.., We'll take a look at it tonight/tomorrow

5. DersonThePerson

DersonThePerson Member

Also (hate to mention this) but the grip on swords is a bit off too. At the the moment it looks like a generic grip, which is understandable. But as an example when you hold a hammer, its kind of like a light grip... sort of like holding a pencil. When your holding your sword, the same grip is applied, which seems even more out of place. It should be a white knuckle death grip as most likely if your sword is drawn it would be heavy, and you would be using it to fight for your life. Added two photos to illustrate by point.

6. Ryan

Not seeing those photos, could you take screenshots and paint over them?

7. DersonThePerson

DersonThePerson Member

Yeah the photos never sent. Got some internet problems at the moment. Is there an email address i can send things to. Ive got a pdf for you too!

8. Ryan

you could PM them to me here, or send directly through discord