Alpha first impressions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbatus, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Turbatus

Turbatus Member

This is kind of a lazy post as I just got off work and was super excited to try the update, unfortunately I think I had my hopes too high. Or I'm just destined to not be able to enjoy Yore with the settings I used perfectly fine when first starting...

So first order of business... Controls... Typically I'd use my left hand to control my movement, but if I put the d-pad on the left hand I can't move back and forth, only left and right, but it works fine on the right hand... (Vive owner btw)

Second I was hoping to experience better performance, but it is basically the same for some reason. I still can't effectively use the reprojection without it getting weird(Jutter/and/or/ghosting), and with all reprojection off I am stuck at lowest settings and that gets kinda weird when you're sprinting and things are literally popping up right in front of you. (Rocks, trees, etc) (Still think that in depth graphic settings will save me... Screen percentage, textures, effects, etc...)

Lastly, it may just be because I'm friggen wiped, but the fire looks more cartoonish to me now, like kinda out of place almost...

I don't want to call this a bug thread because it really isn't, but I will update this post a bit this weekend if anything changes...

That's it for first impressions, but this weekend (Starting Tuesday) I will actively go bug hunting and stuff... Goodnight.

Harry_T likes this.
  2. GameCooker

GameCooker New Member

I upgraded my system to an i7 recently so I am going to see if the game runs better. I just have to make time to do so. My main thing with VR games is I do not like complication. I like games that can be figured out pretty much by jumping in the game. Tutorials are fine but controls and actions should be easy so that everyone can jump in and have fun otherwise a whole lot of people are excluded. This game should have just been a WOW or Everquest 2 made in VR except with real time fighting and not turn-based. EQ2 crafting system is far better than WOW's. I am not sure why VR devs make everything so complicated. Just do things that have worked for years. Sorry for the rant.

Harry_T likes this.
  3. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

Rants are totally cool, it always feels good to get stuff off your chest and that is what these forums are here for.

We wanted to create something unlike anything else in VR. It is still the guiding force but there have been some stumbling blocks for sure and some unforeseen development challenges. But hopefully, with this upcoming massive round of updates, you'll find something you like to do in Yore because we definitely want to include everyone's preferences. It can't always be done, but we aim to please =)

Let us know your thoughts and also keep an eye out for those updates coming down the pike soon!