After 5 excruciating months..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry_T, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Harry_T

Harry_T Community Manager Staff Member

Originally posted on Reddit, just wanted to share here for any folks that missed it over there:

I can honestly not remember a more painful and drawn out period of game development, a massive thanks to our players who have been patiently waiting on this. We essentially recoded the entire game from scratch, some systems more than once, and I will be doing a huge write up about what took so damned long, what we under estimated, etc etc, but until then I wanted to make a quick post to say that the dead have risen and we are within a stones throw of releasing this massive overhaul to the general public. Currently you can switch to the alpha branch on steam and see where the game is at currently.

I can understand the concern that the project was dead and I wrote a lengthy forum post giving a sneak peak behind the curtains to show some of the progress if anyone is curious: http://forums.playyore.com/index.php?threads/is-this-game-dead.358/

Anyways, I'm going to bury myself again in these final features and bugs but I am VERY confident that we will begin work on our brand new Melee combat system this week as our first priority is to get realistic sword play in so we can start populating this brand new world (over 10KM squared plus a massive dungeon and cave system now) populated with all sorts of nefarious characters.

If anyone has any questions please ask away I'm finally out of the depths of dev hell and will be much more available for communications to the outside world.

Here's a few shots of the new world for those who are interested:

eXplozion likes this.